Tips for Traveling to Namibia
NAMIBIA HUNTING SEASON
- 1st February until 30th November
- The best time for hunting in Namibia is during the cool, dry winter months from is from March/ April to October, when the temperatures are around 25°C degrees during the day
- January and February are the hottest months, when daytime temperatures in the interior can exceed 40ºC.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VISAS AND PASSPORTS
Passports must be valid for a minimum of six months, after date of departure into Namibia. Visas are required for certain nationalities and are valid for three months from the date of issue for stays up to three months from date of entry.
TRAVELING TO NAMIBIA
Hosea Kutako International Airport (WHK) is Namibia’s main point of entry for International flights.
Flying from USA
Flights depart on a daily basis from Atlanta, Washington DC and New York to Johannesburg. There are also connecting flights between Johannesburg and Hosea Kutako International Airport as well as flights thru Addis Ababa on Ethiopian Airlines
Flying for Europe
Direct flights are available from Frankfurt (Germany) to Winhoek. Other destinations in Europe can be routed through Johannesburg where daily connecting flights are available to Windhoek.
- Soft gun cases for your rifles whilst hunting are recommended for ease of transport
- Good hat
- 3 sets of Hunting clothes (khaki/ olive green)
- A thick jacket, as it get cold during the winter
- 2 pairs of well-worn and comfortable boots – plus spare laces
- Thick socks
- Comfortable shoes for camp
- Personal medication, malaria prophylactics for Caprivi safaris
- Ammo puch
- Rifle sling
- Insect repellent
- Rifle cleaning equipment
- We make use of 220 V electrical power supply, if necessary, please remember your converter