Firearm Import Regulations for Botswana
Application for your firearm import permit for Botswana will be made in advance so that it is at the airport/border crossing on your arrival.
Application will be made by us your outfitter on your behalf.
There is a fee of about US$250 per firearm to obtain an firearm import permit for Botswana.
- Only 2 rifles and 1 shotgun per hunter are allowed into Botswana
- A maximum of 100 rounds of ammunition per firearm is permitted.
- Handguns, semi automatic or military style firearms are prohibited.
- Download Botswana Firearm Permit Application Form.
- Copy of passport photograph/details page.
- Copy of proof of ownership of firearm. US Customs Form 4457 for US hunters or Firearm Licence/Permit for hunters of other nationalities. Both documents must include the firearms you intend bringing into Botswana.
Please download the application form complete and returne with the other documents in plenty of time before your hunt.
Please note, you will need to complete the South African firearm import procedure if you are going to be in-transit with no interline baggage transfer or overnighting in Johannesburg.
On arrival in Botswana you will be required to pay an import tax on ammunition – in Botswana Pula cash only.