RAINFOREST HUNTING is exciting and the local Pygmy people are excellent trackers. Hunting is mainly on foot, but also from machans settled near the edge of large clearings.
Bongo, Forest Elephant, Forest Sitatunga, Giant Forest Hog and Dwarf Buffalo are some of the more interesting animals in the area, all of which make spelendid trophies. Game Trackers Africa has access two exclusive areas in the sourthwestern part of Cameroon. Other species available will include: Red River Hog, Peter’s Duiker, Gabon’s Duiker, Blue Duiker, Black-Fronted Duiker, Bay Duiker and Bate’s Pigmy Antelope
The HUNTING AREA is bordering with the Lobeke Park for 35 miles. The nearest town, Mouloundou, is 43 miles away. These concessions are known as one of the best areas for bongo and also boast with large numbers of Sitatunga, dwarf forest buffalo, elephant and duikers.
The HUNTING CAMP in the concession area is equipped with special tents or rooms for clients adjacent to the lounge area. All typical amenities are provided for.
TRANSPORT: After arriving in Douala with your scheduled International flight, you will be transfered by base camp with a twin engine light aircraft to the airfields of Kika or Lokomo.
Hunting season: March 1 – July 31.
Type of Territory: Tropical Rain Forest
SAVANNAH HUNTING in Northern Cameroon is very popular especially for Lord Derby Eland hunts. The most popular time recommended for this species is January to middle March. Hunting is typically done by tracking these magnificent animals down with the native trackers, however it is not uncommen to stumble in herds of Eland while moving around looking for tracks. There are 19 species of animals to hunt in this area including: Lord Derby Eland, Elephant, Lion, Nortwestern Buffalo, Western Hartebeest, Western Roan, Harnessed Bushbuck, Sing-Sing Defassa Waterbuck, Cob, Nagor-Reedbuck, Oribi, Grey Duiker, Red-flanked Duiker, Warthog, Spotted Hyena, Red River Hog, Phyton, Baboon, Jackal, Serval Cat, Civet, Genet, Porcupine and Mongoose.
The Hunting area of KOUROUK is located between two National Parks: La Benoue & Bouba Ndjida, it consist of 147 000 hectares, well situated in what is historically considered the most magnificent mountain and valley views in Cameroon. Rich in vegetation, ideal for Lord Derby Eland. The Kourouk area is complimented by the Mana area, directly bordering the Faro Nation Park adding anotehr 46 000 hectares for us to take you hunting on.
THE CAMP consist of traditional West African style Bungalows. It is situated on the riverside with a dining room, terrace, lounge, bar with of course the comfortable and spacious bungalows. Each bungalow consist of a room with 1 – 2 beds, mosquito nets, bed, closet, shelf, fan and en-suite bathroom. Room service, laundry and solar power is available.
TRANSPORT: After your International flight to Douala or Yaounde, you will take a domestic flight to Garoua with the Camerco Company which is IATA registered. Flights are scheduled for: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. The last leg of your transfer consist of a 4 hour drive on partly paved road from Garoua to camp in a air conditioned vehicle.
Hunting season: December 1 – May 31.
Type of Territory: Typical Savannah with rolling valleys
The Price of Safari Includes:
* Meet and greet plus assistance at Douala airport.
* Air charter from Douala to the base camp when hunting in the rain forest.
* Road transfer from Garoua to the hunting area when hunting in the Savannah.
* The organizing of your safari with 4×4 vehicles, professional hunters, trackers, porters & skinners.
* Full board and accommodation and drinks at the hunting camp.
* Field preparation of trophies.
* Hunting License $1900
* Observer fees $450
* Any airfare or travel costs to Douala.
* Transport by road with first-rate vehicles (optional): $2500
* Hotel accommodation and meals out of camp
* Airport tax and assistance $350
* Visa expenses
* Dipping and Packing for exportations: $1700 per hunter – excluding shipping cost
* Trophy fees.
* Community development tax (15% on the amount of trophy fees).
* Hunting permit ($1,600/ per hunter).
* Non Hunting Companion – $400/day
* Gratiuties *(change into local currency Douala upon arrival)
* Firearm rental: $100/rifle ; $12/bullet
* Trophy fees double on wounded animals and females
* CAMEROON ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND SAFARI LICENSING REQUIREMENTS:
– Valid Passport
– Visa issued by the Cameroon High Consulate Click here to download the Visa Application form
– Firearm Import Permit obtained from the Camerooon High Consulate
HUNTING LICENSE CONDITIONS:
A Big Game Hunting License in Cameroon allows you to shoot up to two animals in Group A and four in Group B or C. It is not possible to repeat the same species on one licenses.